Friday, April 6, 2012

OH Boy!

One of my daughter's friends just had her baby & my daughter asked me if I would make her a card. The blue card stock is from a pack of primary colored card stock I got at Walmart. I don't remember the name of the patterned paper & I'm not at my desk right now so I'll update soon. My apologies. I cut three layers of the onesie. Of the three layers 2 were cut from cereal box material & the third was of the patterned paper. I first used Scotch Quick Drying adhesive to bond the two cardboard pieced together then, using the same adhesive, I bonded the patterned paper to the cardboard shapes. The shadow layer, the orange card stock is from a pack of cardstock I had picked up from Walmart. It's a pack of all bold colors.I used foam squares to adhere the patterned onesie to the orange shadow layer to lift it up off the paper to give it some dimension. The round embellishment on the front of the card was made using the i-Top tool & accessories made to go along with it. I chose the section of the designer paper I wanted to use, cut it out using the stencil for the size I wanted to make, then followed the i-Top tool directions. I then pierced the paper with my Tim Holtz paper piercing tool, pushed the prongs through the paper, separated the prongs to each side until brad was firmly secured to the paper. Once I had all items on the patterned paper mat I secured it to the card base using my scotch tape runner gone with permanent adhesive.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This was a wedding card I made for one of my husband's coworkers. All paper/card stock used for this card is Georgia Pacific white card stock. The accent layer was embossed using the Provo Craft "Textile" embossing folder and running it through my Cuttlebug. The bells/ribbon were cut on my Cricut Expression. I used 1 layer of white card stock and 2 layers of cereal box material. The bells/ribbon were heat embossed using my Versamark Embossing pad & StampinUp's Iridescent Ice embossing powder. They then were affixed to each other with permanent snail adhesive. Pop dots were placed on the back to lift if up off the card front for dimension. I took some white ribbon and stamped my congratulations sentiment on it with Brilliance "Graphite Black" Archival pigment ink. I'm sorry I've not stated what type of ribbon it was that I used, but there is no marking on the spool stating any info. I truly wish the camera could have captured the shimmer & sparkle of the embossing powder. It is absolutely beautiful!! The recipients loved it which of course was my ultimate goal so mission accomplished :)

Rock Out

This is another card I made for my son during his deployment in Afghanistan. He loves music and is very good at playing music of all kinds. He was even requested to play the National Anthem to open the AIT graduation ceremony at Fort Leonard Wood, MO in 2009. He's left handed, taught himself to play a right handed guitar, and plays by ear. Although it may sound easy for a "lefty" to play a right handed guitar, it really isn't. Just for example, the guitar is turned upside down and facing the opposite direction so all strings are backwards. Anyway, while he was deployed my husband and I shipped his electric guitar and amp over to him. He was so excited when he received it! :) His music is a huge means of keeping himself "grounded" & his head "clear" so we were more than excited to send it to him.

Ok, the base of the card is Georgia Pacific white card stock. All other card stock is from the ROCKSTAR pack by DCWV (Die Cuts With A View). I used my white Gelly Roll medium point gel pen to create the "stitch" lines around the round embellishment of which has pop dots underneath to lift it off the card and create dimension. The copper brads are a product of Making Memories.