Friday, April 6, 2012

OH Boy!

One of my daughter's friends just had her baby & my daughter asked me if I would make her a card. The blue card stock is from a pack of primary colored card stock I got at Walmart. I don't remember the name of the patterned paper & I'm not at my desk right now so I'll update soon. My apologies. I cut three layers of the onesie. Of the three layers 2 were cut from cereal box material & the third was of the patterned paper. I first used Scotch Quick Drying adhesive to bond the two cardboard pieced together then, using the same adhesive, I bonded the patterned paper to the cardboard shapes. The shadow layer, the orange card stock is from a pack of cardstock I had picked up from Walmart. It's a pack of all bold colors.I used foam squares to adhere the patterned onesie to the orange shadow layer to lift it up off the paper to give it some dimension. The round embellishment on the front of the card was made using the i-Top tool & accessories made to go along with it. I chose the section of the designer paper I wanted to use, cut it out using the stencil for the size I wanted to make, then followed the i-Top tool directions. I then pierced the paper with my Tim Holtz paper piercing tool, pushed the prongs through the paper, separated the prongs to each side until brad was firmly secured to the paper. Once I had all items on the patterned paper mat I secured it to the card base using my scotch tape runner gone with permanent adhesive.


No comments:

Post a Comment